- The need-blind admission policy of University of Wah is based on the cardinal principle that the University is open to all candidates regardless of religion, race, creed, financial resources or domicile.
- The University offers courses leading to associate degree in relevant programs, the degrees of BSc Engineering, BS Engineering Technology, BS, BBA, and BSAF. A graduate with 4 years BS/BSc Engineering degree is eligible for pursuing higher education for MS program in the relevant discipline.
- Applications for the admission in various courses of studies are invited through national newspapers and website of University of Wah and admission is granted on the basis of merit in accordance with the criteria laid down by the Academic Council from time to time.
- For Faculty of Engineering, the selection is made as per merit calculated on the performance of candidate in the entry test and Matric (Science) or its equivalent; with the condition that candidate obtains atleast 1st division or equivalent in FSc or its equivalent.
- Detail of Departments
- Faculty of Engineering
Civil Chemical Electrical Mechanical Mechatronics
- Faculty of Basic Sciences
Biosciences Chemistry Mathematics Physics Statistics
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Economics Education English Islamic & Pakistan Studies Psychology Sociology
- Engineering Technology
Civil Chemical Electrical Mechanical Mechatronics Petroleum
- Faculty of Engineering
- Admission Criteria
- University may offer early action admission, on first come first serve basis to the applicants who fulfill university requirements prior to the announcement of formal merit list.
- A candidate can be offered provincial admission in relevant programs based on Matric in relevant (Science/ Arts) group with at least second division or equivalent and he/she obtains at least 2nd division in FA/FSc or equivalent.
- A candidate can be offered Provincial admission offer in BS Computer Science or BS Artificial Intelligence program based on Matric in relevant (Science/Arts) group with the condition that he/she has obtained at least 50% marks in FSc/ICS or equivalent. In case of FSc with Pre-Medical, candidate must have to pass deficiency courses of Mathematics of six (06) credit hours in first two semesters.
- A candidate can be offered provisional admission in the relevant BS (5th Semester) program based on FA/FSc or equivalent with atleast 2nd division or equivalent with the condition that candidate obtains atleast 2nd division in BA/BSc/Associate Degree Program or equivalent.
- For individuals desirous of enrolling for BSc Engineering, a candidate holding FSc (Pre-Engineering) certificate or equivalent with at least 60% marks or DAE with 1st division in relevant technology from any institute recognized by the Government of Pakistan shall be eligible for admission to BSc Engineering degree program. UW Entry test conducted through Virtual University or by UW itself is compulsory for all the candidates; however, UET entry test result or NAT-IE conducted by NTS or SAT is also acceptable. Merit being determined on the basis of 50% weightage of Matric and 50% weightage to entry test. 10 Marks out of the obtained marks will be deducted, from candidates qualifying the examination by parts or applying after three years of FSc or equivalent.
- In case, a candidate holding BS Engineering Technology degree or equivalent wants to enroll for BSc Engineering Program, merit will be determined on the basis of 50% weightage to entry test and 50% weightage of Matric. A candidate seeking admission based on BS Engineering Technology or equivalent degree should have obtained (or expect to obtain) at least 60% marks, in case of annual system, or a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0, in case of semester system. CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 would be 60% and CGPA of 4.0 out of 4.0 would be treated as 90% Other CGPA would be interpolated accordingly. Candidate with BS Engineering Technology or equivalent degrees should have his/her degree relevant to the branch of engineering, as prescribed by the university, in which he seeks admission.
- For individuals desirous of enrolling for BS Engineering Technology, a candidate holding FSc pre Engineering or equivalent with at least 50% marks or DAE with at least 50% marks in relevant technology from any institute recognized by the Government of Pakistan shall be eligible for admission to BSc Engineering degree program. UW Entry test conducted through Virtual University or by UW itself is compulsory for all the candidates; however, UET entry test result or NAT-IE conducted by NTS or SAT is also acceptable. Merit being determined on the basis of 50% weightage of Matric and 50% weightage to entry test. 10 Marks out of the obtained marks will be deducted, from candidates qualifying the examination by parts or applying after three years of FSc or equivalent.
- In case of foreign qualification, merit will be determined on the basis of 50% weightage of (“O” level or equivalent) and 50% weightage to entry test. Also, in case of foreign qualification letter grades will be converted to marks by IBCC formula and equivalent certificates for both O and A level are required to be submitted after admission. Admission of A-level candidates who are unable to score at least a "C" grade in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry will be cancelled and their dues will be reimbursed except admission fee.
Faculty of Basic Sciences ADP BS BS 5th Department of Biosciences 15 80 20 Department of Chemistry 15 100 20 Department of Mathematics 15 40 20 Department of Physics 15 80 20 Department of Statistics 15 50 20 Faculty of Computer Science ADP BS BS 5th Department of Management Sciences BS Artificial Intelligence -- 50 -- BS Computer Science -- 100 20 Faculty of Management Sciences ADP BS BS 5th Department of Management Sciences BBA 15 50 20 BSAF 15 50 20 Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities ADP BS BS 5th Department of Education -- -- -- Department of English 20 100 20 Department of Economics 15 50 20 Department of Islamic and Pakistan Studies* 15 25 (Isl. Studies) 20 (Isl. Studies) Department of Psychology 15 100 20 Department of Sociology* 15 35 20 Faculty of Engineering BSc Engineering Department of Electrical Engineering 80 Department of Mechanical Engineering 80 Department of Civil Engineering 50 Department of Chemical Engineering 40 Department of Mechatronics Engineering 50 Department of Engineering Technology BS Engineering Technology Chemical Engineering Technology 50 Civil Engineering Technology 50 Electrical Engineering Technology 50 Mechanical Engineering Technology 50 Mechatronics Engineering Technology 50 Petroleum Engineering Technology 50
* For more details about Department of Islamic and Pakistan Studies and Department of Sociology admissions, please consult Prospectus of Mashal Degree College, University of Wah.
- Two percent seats may be allocated to candidates holding 3 years Diploma in Associate Engineering. These seats may be allocated in BSc Engineering and BS programs of Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science. Separate merit list will be prepared for candidates holding Diploma in Associate Engineering.
- Two percent seats may be allocated to candidates holding 4 years Bachelor of Technology Degree, with a separate merit list. Candidates admitted in this category are eligible for admission to 3rd Semester of BSc Engineering in relevant discipline.
- Two percent seats may be reserved for real children of Foreigners/Expatriates.
- One seat in each department has been reserved for real children of employees of the University and its constituent colleges who have completed seven years of service.
- All allocated seats, if not filled, will be converted to open merit seats.
- The minimum student strength for a class should be 25 which may be lowered to 15 for Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities’ programs. In case number of students registering for a particular program is less than the desired class strength, the program will not be offered and students will be adjusted in alternate choices.
- Selected candidates will be required to furnish Medical Certificate from a registered medical practitioner at the time of joining a program of study, declaring that they do not have any serious disease which may be harmful to them or others during their studies at UW.
- Advertisement for Admission will be published in the national newspapers and on the websites uow.edu.pk and wecuw.edu.pk. The Registrar Office, University of Wah advertises the admissions in newspapers/press at least 8 weeks before the commencement of classes.
- How to Obtain University Prospectus
- The Prospectus including the admission form can be purchased from Accounts Branch of University on cash payment. The cost includes the application processing fee as well as entrance examination fee where required.
- Prospectus can also be obtained by sending a Bank Draft/Pay Order in favor of University of Wah to Director Admissions. In this case applicants are required to send a request showing their interest of the applied program.
- Submission of Application
- The hard copy of admission form for admission complete in all respects shall be submitted along with attested copies of certificates/degrees either by hand or through post/courier services by the last date of application. It has to be ensured by the applicant that the application reaches the UW Admission Office before the last date.
- In case of online submission, the applicant shall submit only the admission form, while the printout of online-submitted admission form along with attested copies of certificates/degrees and paid copy of fee challan shall be posted to the UW Admission Office by the last date of submission.
- Offer of Admission as per Discipline Choice
Admission will be offered in a discipline as per order of preference given by an applicant in the admission form.
- Change of Discipline
Once the order of preference is given by an applicant in the admission form, no request for change in preference will be entertained. However, after admission is offered, a candidate may apply for the change of discipline to a lower preference within one week of the start of classes after adjusting fees difference. The change of discipline is subject to availability of seats and meeting the merit of discipline to which the candidate has applied for.
- Merit List
Discipline wise merit lists will be prepared and announced online by the Admission Office for the offer of admission
- Fee Refund
The candidates who apply for cancellation of their admission will be refunded tuition fee according to the HEC policy letter No. 10-1/HEC/A&C/2015/6542 dated 7th December, 2015.
- Full Tuition Fee will be refunded if a candidate applies for cancellation of his/her admission up to the 7th day after commencement of classes.
- Half Tuition Fee will be refunded in case a candidate sends a request for cancellation of admission from 8th-15th day of classes.
- Admission Fee will not be refunded if a candidate applies for cancellation of his/her admission after the 15th day of start of classes.
- If a candidate, to whom admission is offered fails to obtain minimum CGPA/division required for a program, his/her admission will be cancelled and will be refunded full fee except Admission Fee.
- Scholarships and Financial Assistance
As per HEC guidelines, the University of Wah regularly awards scholarships and Financial Assistance to its students under the categories mentioned below:
- Merit Based Scholarship: UW provides merit scholarships to the academically competent students of BSc Engineering/BS Engineering Technology/ADP/BS/BBA/BSAF/MS and Ph.D. programs of UW subject to the class strength and GPA of the position holders.
- Need Based Financial Assistance/ Scholarship: The Need-based financial assistance is given to those talented students, who cannot meet the expenses of quality education. The minimum GPA requirement is 2.50 in the relevant semester with no ‘F’ or ‘D’ grades in the previous semester(s). The need-based financial assistance is awarded in the categories of Need-Based/Kinship/POFs Employees and UW Employees.
- Fee Concession: UW offers 10% fee concession to the students who have completed their intermediate level education from MDC in the current year and are desirous to join any undergraduate program of the University. UW also offers up to 15% fee concession to the children of serving POFs Employees.
- Policy for Award of Merit Scholarship
Every year University of Wah awards a large number of merit scholarships to the students of each degree program during regular residency on the basis of class size and performance (GPA). The amount of scholarship is 80%, 40% and 30% of the tuition fee for the holders of 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions respectively. Class size refers to the number of students at the time of admission in the first semester of program. However, the requirement of class size may be reviewed on case to case basis for the Department of Statistics and Department of Management Sciences. Details of class size and GPA for undergraduate/equivalent programs, unless otherwise mentioned is given below:
- For award of one merit scholarship, minimum class size/GPA shall be 25/3.50 for all disciplines less Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, where the minimum class size/GPA may be 15/3.25.
- If the class size is between 41 and 59, two merit scholarships will be awarded. Minimum GPA for 2nd merit scholarship is 3.00
- An intake of above 60 students in a batch and divided into section(s) of strength 30 each would be considered a separate class for award of merit scholarship.
- The minimum class size/GPA for award of merit scholarship for MS students shall be 10/3.50 in all disciplines.
- Individuals with F grade in examination of preceding regular semester and/or a punishment given for breach of discipline during last semester are not eligible for award of merit scholarship.
- Student Research Fund and Qarz-e-Hasna
- Student Research Fund: University of Wah Student Research Fund (UWSRF) had been instituted in 2017 to provide impetus to research and development activities and to offer financial relief to promising students facing financial constraints in their research work. Funding to active research work and associated laboratory development is also provisioned by this fund..
- Qarz-e-Hasna: UW also offers Qarz-e-Hasna facility to financially weak students on case to case basis.
WEC Student Fund (WSF)
WEC gives 6 percent of its turn over as fee waivers to students in need. Toppers are rewarded with merit scholarship taking care of their complete tuition fee. At any point in time over 12 percent of student body at WEC are availing some form of financial support. The program benefits the students who are unable to get the higher education due to financial constraints. Based on donations and grants from organizations and individuals, WEC Student Loan Fund has been established with a seed money of Rs 6 million. Transparency in the maintenance of Fund is the key which attracts substantial donors.
WEC is pursuing this program since 2013 to provide Qarze-e-Hasna (Interest Free Loan) for poor and academically outstanding students; this facility is given as per the policy set by the College. The concept paper on student loan is available on our website Candidates who are unable to pursue their studies due to financial constraints can apply for the loan facility. This is for the payment of their fees during their engineering studies. The rules for the student loan can also be obtained from the website.
Note: The situation prevalent due to COVID-19 may necessitate modifying the above given policies, rules and regulations which cannot be foreseen now. The changes/amendments/fresh instructions, if required, would be issued in line with the policies of Govt of Pakistan, Govt of the Punjab, Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Punjab Higher Education Department, Board of Governors, and various Accreditation Bodies/Councils.