Users are expected to observe the following rules while using the library services; any violation of these rules will incur fine (at the spot) and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Do not misbehave with library staff. Give respect to library staff and fellow students.
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, laptop bags and etc., outside the library entrance, on your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage.
- Without university card, no student would be allowed to sit in the library.
- Complete silence must be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
- Keep your mobiles off within the library premises.
- Laptops are allowed inside library. Laptops and library computers must be used for education and study purposes only not for Facebook, watching movies and any other useless activity.
- Following things are also not allowed inside library premises:
- Drinks and eatables
- Idle sitting
- Group discussion
- Playing games (either with friends or at laptops/library computers)
- Copying assignments
- Falling asleep
- After reading, put book(s) back in the rack at its original position.
- Before leaving the library set the chair with the table.
- Submit any book or object for inspection, when requested by the library staff.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- Report lost books or other materials to the library immediately to stop overdue fines.
- Ask for help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material.
- While returning library books or other materials at the Circulation Desk please ensure that the circulation staff has returned the book(s).
- Make sure your contact information is up to date in the library database.
- Faculty, Junior Faculty, WEC Staff, PG students and UG students are entitled for library membership.
- Faculty, Junior Faculty and WEC Staff applying for library membership should fill a library membership form and submit it at the Circulation Desk in the library.
- PG and UG students applying for library membership should fill an online form available here.
Borrowing and Re-Issue Policy
Book Reservation Policy
To facilitate every user, WEC-Library is equipped with option of book reservation. If any user of the library does not get a book he/she can reserve it though online portal. Books would be reserved and issued on first come first serve basis. Details are as:
|Duration for Reservation