The Department of Chemical Engineering was established in 2010 with an initial enrolment of 50 students. WEC having a great advantage of its proximity to Pakistan's largest concentration of industrial units which gives its students a hands-on experience to the theoretical knowledge imparted. The major areas such as Chemical, Petroleum, Refining, Cement, Glass, Fertilizers, Textiles, Explosives and Ordnance, being most relevant to Chemical Engineering puts the department at a great advantage.
The department has gained considerable prestige and standing in the academic and industrial world due to our highly motivated and outstanding faculty, hardworking and dedicated supporting staff and well equipped laboratories covering every aspect of Chemical Engineering education.
The graduates of this department contribute directly to the industrial and economic growth of the country. The curricular of the department is in line with the recommendation of Higher Education Commission. The objective of the courses is to prepare students for all activities related to the operation, design, maintenance, management and supervision of all chemical, bio-chemical and polymer plants. In addition to the conventional Chemical Engineering there is emphasis on pollution control and environmental processes, biochemical processes, materials science and material processing, heterogeneous catalysis, reaction engineering, engineering economics and entrepreneurial skills. At the department, we are conscious that our graduates will be employed in industries based on nanotechnology, biotechnology and higher performance composite materials. Non- Conventional lectures, talks and projects are therefore a part of our program where eminent experts in the relevant field are invited to conduct seminars or deliver lectures on the subject.
We are also aware of the global prospective of Chemical Engineering. The graduating students are encouraged, advised, assisted and recommended to apply for higher education/job both at national and international level.
|DEPARTMENT CODE: CHE|
|FSc Pre-Engineering with at least 60% marks or DAE with 1st Division in relevant technology|
|B.Sc. Engineering in relevant discipline. Entry Test/GAT-General/GRE (50% marks) and Interview. Minimum CGPA 2.50/4.00|
Having a B.Sc. Chemical Engineering degree can make your career a bright one. Chemical engineering graduates have excellent employment prospects. They are employed by various national and multinational companies not only in Pakistan but their demand is also huge abroad. The graduates of Chemical Engineering are employed by,
Vision of Department
"The Priority of Chemical Engineering Department is to Shape diverse global engineering leaders through education of applied sciences and technology that is practical, innovative and socially conscious".
Mission of Department
The mission of the undergraduate program for the Department of chemical engineering includes three substantial features:
- Quality Education: To offer a comprehensive educational program for productive careers in dynamic and versatile chemical engineering field by developing problem solving, technical, communication, management and leadership skills in graduates.
- Innovation: To provide a dynamic research environment that inspires our students to indulge in development of novel and sustainable solutions by understanding the impact of professional engineering solution in the context of social and environmental needs.
- Social Conscience: To impart graduates a strong sense of humanistic values with which they aspire to balance the economic growth and welfare of society by serving in industry, government and engineering profession.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-01: To prepare graduates with strong technical knowledge and communication skills that enable them to identify and solve problems by applying modern chemical engineering principles in wide range of industrial and professional environment.
- PEO-02: To enable graduates for bringing positive change in society by technical contribution to their chosen field through critical thinking, ethical decision making and novelty.
- PEO-03: To enable graduates a sense of professional ethics for their better performance as an individual and team work for professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental framework.
- PEO-04: To enable graduates to follow a continuous lifelong learning process through professional practice, project management and further studies in chemical engineering.
Program Learning Outcomes(PLOs)
- 1. Engineering Knowledge
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem Analysis
- An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- 3. Design/ Development of Solutions
- An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- 4. Investigation
- An ability to investigate complex engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data, and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern Tool Usage
- An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The Engineer and Society
- An ability to apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solution to complex engineering problems.
- 7. Environment and Sustainability
- An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and Team Work
- An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
- 10. Communication
- An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project Management
- An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- 12. Lifelong Learning
- An ability to recognize importance of, and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.