Dr. Sajid Hussain
Eminent Educationist Researcher
PEC Number: AERO-00190
|Employee ID: WEC/HR/222||Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Faculty Type: Dedicated||Email: email@example.com|
|Total Experience: 40 Years|
Statics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Propulsion/Gas Turbines, Fluid Mechanics, Potential Fluid Flow Theory, Boundary Layer/Viscous Flow Theory, Compressible and Incompressible Fluid Flow, Airfoil and Wing Theory, Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control Theory, Experimental Techniques in Aerodynamics, Wind Tunnel Testing, Aerodynamic Design of Aircraft.
|1985||Ph.D. Aerodynamics||Cranfield Institute of Technology (Cranfield University),
Cranfield, Beds, United Kingdom.
|1977||MS (Aeronautical Engineering)||USAF Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson Air Force Base,
Dayton, Ohio, United States of America.
|1972||B.Sc. Engineering (Aerospace)||Pakistan Air Force College of Aeronautical Engineering,
Karachi University, Pakistan.
|2009-2010||School Group Head||Beaconhouse School System,
|2008-2009||Principal/Director||Beaconhouse School System, Margalla Campus,
|2004-2008||Dean||Beaconhouse Informatics (Pvt.) Ltd (BIPL) & Beaconhouse Business School (BBS),
|2001-2004||Dean/Director General||NIMS & NIIT, National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST),
|1998-2000||Commandant||PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering (CAE),
PAF Academy, Risalpur.
|Pakistan Air Force,
|1993-1996||Director Engineering Services||Pakistan Air Force,
|1990-1993||Chief Maintenance Officer
|Pakistan Air Force,
|2010+||Eminent Educationist & Researcher||Wah Engineering College,
Wah Cantt, Pakistan.
|1976-1986||(Various)||Served in various capacities at PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering (CAE), National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST).|
SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS & HONOURS
- Member Institution of Engineers (Pakistan).
- Member Royal Aeronautical Society (Pakistan Chapter).
- Associate Member Royal Aeronautical Society (London).
- Member Pakistan Engineering Council.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Chief of the Air Staff’s Commendation Certificate(1987).
- Chief of the Air Staff’s Commendation Certificate(1990).
- Professional Excellence Badge(1993).
- Chief of the Air Staff’s Commendation Certificate(1995).
- Chief Maintenance Officer (Chief Engineer), PAF. Management and infrastructure development for overhaul facilities and parts manufacture of aviation power plants. Assignment included project management and technical evaluation of multi-million dollar project proposal, installation of test equipment, human resource development and indigenous manufacture of support equipment.
- Deputy Chief Project Director –Project Super-7, PAF. Technical evaluation, contract negotiations/finalization and induction of aircraft and associated equipment and spares, human resource development and execution of over $350 million contract in PAF. The project milestones were developed and monitored to ensure timely induction and maintenance of the new aircraft.
COURSES & TRAININGS
- Senior Engineering Management Course.
- Introduction to ISO-9000 and Internal Quality Audit Management Course.
- Academic Quality Assurance Course.
- R&D Management/Development of Research Culture in the University.
- Civil Defense Training General Course.
- Individual Studies Scheme-II Career Course.
- Individual Studies Scheme-III Career Course.
- Familiarization Course on F-6 Aircraft.
- Familiarization Course on Mirage- III EP Aircraft.
- Familiarization Course on Mirage- V PA Aircraft.
- Familiarization Course on F-16 Aircraft.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- "A Study Of The Interaction Between A Glancing Shock Wave And A Turbulent Boundary Layer- The Effects of Leading Edge Bluntness And Sweep" (Dr Sajid Hussain) PhD Thesis, Cranfield Institute of Technology, Cranfield University, UK, November, 1985.
- "Optical Investigation Of Flow Field Generated By Normal Shock Wave Propagating Into A Rectangular Duct With Irregular Walls" (Sajid Hussain)
MS Thesis, United States Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Air University, USA, Dec 1977.
- "A Study Of The Interaction Between A Glancing Shock Wave And A Turbulent Boundary Layer- The Effects of Leading Edge Bluntness And Sweep" (Neil Fomison, Sajid Hussain and John L Stollery) Published in Proceedings of the Conference on High Speed Aerodynamics, RWTH Aachen, Germany, 1985.
- "The Effect of Sweep And Bluntness On Glancing Interactions At Supersonic Speeds" (Sajid Hussain, J.L. Stollery and N.R. Fomison) Published in Proceedings of 15th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS, 1986, London).
- "Effects Of Leading Edge Bluntness And Sweep on Three Dimensional Glancing Shock Wave- Turbulent Boundary Layer Interaction" (Sajid Hussain)
Published in Conference Proceedings, 4th National Aeronautical Conference-Pakistan, Mar, 1988.