Research and Development is a key driver of innovation and competitiveness. It plays a defining role in strengthening academic institutions and in increasing institutional competitiveness. Therefore, to experience the future growth in the research grounds, the Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) is established at University of Wah.
Some goals of ORIC shall encompass the following:
- Induction of research groups in the fields of study on offer at University.
- Research Proposals for national funding agencies by all departments.
- Incentives for faculty to write proposals and win research grants/write research papers out of meaningful research.
- Undertaking research in defense related projects, especially of POF.
- Collaborations with foreign universities for facilitation of research.
- National and international collaborations with public and private industries and universities in the form of MOU’s.
- Departments to devise short courses booklet relevant to fields of study.
- Research milestones be given to departments (3-4 Conference Papers and 2 Journal Publications in Impact Factor Journals every year).
- One Conference annually by one department at a time.
- Arranging an Annual Research Seminar/Conference at UW/WEC.
- Initiation of UW/WEC Research Journal recognized by HEC.
- Setting up of Centers of Excellence (CoE) at WEC to facilitate research activities.
- A company may be registered for carrying out commercial activities that is, marketing of products developed by the departments, mentioned above and other related requirements.