Users are expected to observe the following rules while using the library services; any violation of these rules will incur fine and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Do not misbehave with library staff. Give respect to library staff and fellow students.
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, laptop bags and etc., outside the library entrance, on your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage.
- Without university card, no student would be allowed to sit in the library.
- Complete silence must be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
- Keep your mobiles at silent within the library premises and use only for educational and study purposes.
- Laptops are allowed inside library. Laptops and library computers must be used for educational and study purposes only not for Facebook, watching movies and any other useless activity.
- After reading, leave the book(s) on the table; please do not shelve the book(s) yourself.
- Before leaving the library set the chair with the table.
- Submit any book or object for inspection, when requested by the library staff.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- All books and other material in the library should be used with care, since the replacement is very difficult due to high costs.
- A suggestion form is kept in the library in which suggestions for new books are welcomed.
- Librarian can withdraw any book if required for specific purpose.
- Computers are provided in library for CD-ROM use. No faculty member or staff is allowed to use his/her own CD-ROM or diskette without the permission of Library Incharge.
- Ask for help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material.
- While returning library book(s) or other materials at the Circulation Desk please ensure that the circulation staff has returned the book(s).
- Make sure your WEC-Library membership profile is up to date.
Following things are strictly not allowed inside library premises:
- Making Noise
- Drinks or eatables
- Group discussion
- Playing games (either with friends or at laptops/library computers)
- Littering (Cutting of paper, use of rubber and gum stick and etc.)
- Copying assignments
- Listening to music
- Talking over mobile phone
Book Issue and Return
- Books from main library are issued for 15 days and can be re-issued 2 times using online account.
- Books from book bank are issued for 1 semester.
- If there is any overdue book at the start of every semester, no book would be issued until overdue books are returned to the library.
- A fine of Rs. 5/- per day per book will be charged on late return of book(s).
- In case a book is lost or damaged by any student/faculty member, the same will be replaced by him/her with a new one plus he/she would pay fine for late return not more than the actual price of book.
- If a student leaves the college without returning the book(s), a fine equivalent to two times of the actual cost of book(s) will be deducted from his security to re-buy the book(s).
- If any student accidently mislays a book and could not find it after a thorough search, he/she must report this fact to the library and arrange its replacement to avoid further overdue fine.