Dated: 22nd September 2021
- University of Wah (UW) is pleased to announce the reopening of the University for Fall 2021 semester with effect from 27 September 2021.
- In view of the safety measures required to be implemented for prevention of the spread of COVID-19, a hybrid plan for academic activities has been developed to reduce the strength of students at the Campuses. On-campus academic activities for different semesters will be conducted as mentioned below (for the remaining students the classes will be held online):
- BS 1st, 5th & 7th Semesters : 27 September 2021 to 22 October 2021 (Four Weeks)
- BS 1st, 3rd & 5th Semesters : 25 October 2021 to 19 November 2021 (Four Weeks)
- BS 1st, 3rd & 7th Semesters : 29 November 2021 to 24 December 2021 (Four Weeks)
- BS 3rd, 5th & 7th Semesters : 27 December 2021 to 21 January 2022 (Four Weeks)
- MA/MSc/MS/PhD : 27 September 2021 onwards
Note: Period between 22 November 2021 to 27 November 2021 has been earmarked for mid term examination.
- Chairpersons will issue the schedule of classes to the students by 24 September 2021.Queries by the students, if any, may be directed to the respective tutor.
- Priority for hostel accommodation will be given to the students from far flung areas attending on-campus classes. All students desirous of availing the hostel accommodation will have to apply for it through their respective Chairperson. Space permitting, some other students having connectivity issues at their homes may be accommodated in the hostel for attending classes.
- University transport for the faculty and students will ply on the designated routes with effect from 27 September 2021.
- All students are required to email their COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by NADRA to their respective Chairperson by 25 Sep 2021. Students will be asked to show their certificates for entry to the University.
- In the wake of COVID-19 pandemic, all students are expected to adhere to the following precautionary measures:-
- Wearing a mask is MANDATORY. Masks will also be available on cash payment at the entry gates and student’s canteen.
- Cooperate with the staff deputed at the entrance gate for taking the temperature and sanitizing the hands. Only the designated entrances and exits be used.
- Maintain social/ physical distancing in classrooms, laboratories, libraries, cafeterias, offices, corridors, and staircases to the extent possible. All gatherings are disallowed.
- NO HANDSHAKE POLICY is to be adopted.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Hands should be washed frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer.
- Use a tissue (and dispose it off properly) or use the crook of your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- If students themselves or any of their family members at home develop any COVID symptoms, he/she should consult their doctor, stay at home, and inform their respective Department.
- In view of the changing environment or instructions from HEC/PHEC/PEC, the competent authority of the University may make necessary changes in the policy given above. Students should regularly check their emails and the latest updates and general guidance provided by the University on the web portal.
Further to the University of Wah email dated 21 Sep 2021 regarding the Reopening Policy for Fall 2021: